Wednesday, October 27, 2010

To Photoshop or Not to Photoshop?



That is the question facing a lot of photographers on a daily basis it seems. I myself, prefer clean unedited photos in their most natural state. However, in a increasingly difficult market where everyone considers themselves a photographer, to compete it seems you have to offer some skills in photoshop to give the client what they want. I don't mind adding certain art filters, vignetting, font, or framing and it's not that difficult or time consuming. I feel though, as a photographer, you should possess the skills necessary to take a great and precise photo without having to add anything extra to "make" it a great photo. The goal of my craft is to not spend hours in front of a computer changing everything about a photo for it to be pleasing, but instead to do everything to the best of my ability while on location ~ behind the camera.

While it's not wrong to add filters or other accompanying edits and it can add a pleasing effect to photos, I personally prefer to keep it real and unedited. I'll do whatever pleases my customer and you won't have to guess if I'm giving you the best print possible.

If you haven't visited my website lately you should go check out the new additions to my galleries. If you find a fine art print you would like to purchase you can contact me with the specifics and I will get back with you on all information needed to purchase that print.

Until next time ~ Bless and Keep Smilin"

No comments: